Love and laughter are always things to be grateful for. These are the things that make my days better.
- I am grateful for the love and support of a wonderful boyfriend. I have been feeling bad because the last two weeks I have been neglecting him due to work. He lets me know he misses me and is there to give me support in what has been a long couple of weeks.
- I had good belly laugh at lunch. Nothing like comfort food, thank you Monte Cristo, and a good laugh to make a day better. The laughter from yesterday’s “baby Jesus” continued today. Lunch ended with a yummy cupcake from one of my favorite bakeries!
- Best part of today will be getting off before 9pm!
I know I skipped several days, um namely the weekend 🙂 I think I am going to do this for 30 days…still technically a month, at least day wise.
- Started my day off with a smile on my face, heard a DMB song on my way to work. I hadn’t heard Crash in awhile and I caught myself singing along, true sign I am in a pretty good mood!
- Hearing my boyfriend’s sexy morning voice right after DMB song finished! I love how deep and gravely his voice sounds right after he wakes up. Put an instant smile on my face!
- Having my boyfriend tie some random line from a movie into something I am telling him. I have laughed out loud several times today just thinking about Taladaga Nights and the Legend of Ricky Bobby! I was telling him some story about how one of the characters from one of the “reality” shows i watch is always thanking baby Jesus and I read a funny article about it online. He then he tells me about a scene from Taladaga Nights,
- “Ricky: Dear Tiny, Infant, Jesus…
- Carley: Hey, um, sweetie…Jesus did grow up. You don’t always have to call him baby. It’s a bit odd and off-puttin’ to pray to a baby.
- Ricky: Look, I like the Christmas Jesus best, and I’m sayin’ grace. When you say grace, you can say it to Grownup Jesus or Teenage Jesus or Bearded Jesus or whoever you want”
- I know it is goofy but it has made my day! Definitely something to be grateful for!
I think the saying is true it is better to give then to receive
- I found the cutest shop while coming back from lunch. They sell the most adorable accessories and tutus for little girls. I went a little crazy buying hair accessories for all my little cousins! I think i will get more joy in the shopping and giving then they will in receiving the gift. It definitely has made my day though! I know all of them will look so cute with the bows and headbands in their hair.
- The joy and anticipation of the weekend and all it has to offer. I guess Friday’s gives me a bit of the same lift that anticipating a vacation for weeks gives.
- Re-seeing Men in Black at the Canyon. Forgot how funny the movie was and it felt good to have a good laugh!
- Having the wind blow through my hair and not really thinking about anything while driving home after the movie. Was a great way to end my workweek and start my weekend!
I am having to remind my self of the great saying “Don’t sweat the small stuff…and it is all small stuff.”
- I am so grateful for a boyfriend that gently reminds me when I am stressing out about work that “Your not curing cancer or saving anyone’s life. In the grand scheme of things it just isn’t that important.” Or the other thing he will ask me to put things in perspective, “will this matter in 10 years or have any giant bearing on your life in 10 years? If not, then it isn’t something you should lose sleep over.” These are all great words to live by and I know I need to be reminded of all of it! Thanks love for always being my rock!
- Getting a kitty cat snuggle after a long day. I was lying on the couch and my little man jumped up and wanted to be cuddled. I get so much more out of it then i think he does.
- The yumminess of frozen yogurt. A new frozen yogurt shop opened up several months ago and I had heard from several friends it was delicious. They were all right! Tasted so very good after a long hot day. I will definitely go back. It was definitely a nice treat to have while working late
Number 3 was a great reminder for me of not concentrating on the negative, working late, but take joy in the little things that make me happy or my day better!
Well I feel like a goober today, just realize I should be on Day 18. Such is life, sometimes you mess up.
- The total deliciousness of a chile relleno made with Hatch green chile. It is officially chile time and our area has a ton of Hatch green chile. The restaurant I went to was serving up chile rellenos made with Hatch green chile. There is nothing better than fresh chile! YUM!
- Co-workers that always can make me laugh. Sometimes if you don’t laugh you will just end up crying. I prefer to find the humor and laugh away! It is a crazy time of year here and laughter is definitely the best medicine.
- Having a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. What a great treat after lunch!
I guess lunch was the highlight of my day 🙂 Just realized two of my three things were food I ate at lunch. I guess it was comfort food to the rescue. I will say lunch was great not just because of the food…co-workers had me laughing all through lunch and it was a great stress relief.
Today was the start of fall rush and I was fully prepared for absolute chaos…
- I am thankful for keeping up on my side at work and this year was not as crazy as last year on the first day! YEAH
- It is so very true, good planning can reduce stress. I got to bed early, ate a good breakfast and was out of the house at the time I was shooting for. It was about 15 minutes earlier than I usually leave in the summer.
- I practiced a new strategy when you know it is going to be a stressful day. You should take a deep breath and remind yourself that you already new it would be stressful. I received two phone calls on the way to work and reminded myself that today would be crazy…it worked! I didn’t allow myself to get too worked up.
I was super happy at the end of the day. I actually got off before 7…was on the road by 5:30!
Well I need to get better about posting on the weekend! The upside is I was out living and enjoying life!
Heck it was Friday and I think that is something to be grateful for 😉
- Enjoyed the last day of working 1/2 day on Friday. This was the last week of our Summer schedule 😦 Was a hectic day but so nice to get off early.
- No frantic phone calls from work, because many of them worked a full day Friday 🙂
- Getting to see one of my best friends and catch up with her a little. While I love meeting with all the ladies once a month it doesn’t seem to be enough time to catch up with everyone! It is always nice to get some time to talk with any of them one on one
- I was able to eat lunch with my dear boyfriend! It is always nice when we are able to find some alone time.
- Waking up to a cool house! The summer has been long and hot and was wonderful not to wake up sticky
- Being able to decompress after a long week. Sometimes it is so very nice to get away from everything and everyone and spend quite time with my boyfriend!
Sunday was a nice quite day, just what I need before the craziness that is Fall Rush at work!
- The smell of a freshly washed towel when you get out of the shower. It is a small pleasure I don’t enjoy enough
- Having my wonderful boyfriend rub lotion all over my feet and legs. Such an act of kindness that brings me such joy and relaxation!
- Spending a quite Sunday with my boyfriend listening to music and enjoying Sunday. Nowhere to rush off to and nothing huge pending to do.