- Laughing at myself! I was heading out the door to work and stopped and thought about getting a light jacket, because it was so cool outside. It just felt cool because I had become accustomed to having the “low” be in the upper 80’s when I am leaving to work. It is things like this that remind me what a goof I really am 🙂
- The wonderful feel of soft cotton pajamas after a long day. They were super soft from numerous washings and still smelled of the fabric softener I use. It felt so very good to get into comfy pj’s last night!
- Getting a big hug from my boyfriend after a long day and/or week. Nothing like having my face snuggled into his chest and his arms around me to make me feel safe and secure!
This post will encompass the last 4 days of a crazy busy weekend!
- First and foremost I am so very grateful to a wonderful boyfriend who rarely complains about my crazy work schedule. I had been MIA for the last week because of work and not many men would be so understanding and supportive. He also is my biggest supporter when I have a hard week and lets me know how much I am loved.
- I am thankful for family that will look after my little four legged furball when I am working crazy hours and can’t get home to feed him. Knowing that he is being looked after and loved is a big relief. My little furball is like my kiddo to me and I feel bad when I know I am going to get home late and neglect him.
- I am not much of a drinker but sometimes I just crave an icy cold beer with lots of lime and salt. The one I had on Saturday hit the spot and tasted oh so very delicious!
Love and laughter are always things to be grateful for. These are the things that make my days better.
- I am grateful for the love and support of a wonderful boyfriend. I have been feeling bad because the last two weeks I have been neglecting him due to work. He lets me know he misses me and is there to give me support in what has been a long couple of weeks.
- I had good belly laugh at lunch. Nothing like comfort food, thank you Monte Cristo, and a good laugh to make a day better. The laughter from yesterday’s “baby Jesus” continued today. Lunch ended with a yummy cupcake from one of my favorite bakeries!
- Best part of today will be getting off before 9pm!
I know I skipped several days, um namely the weekend 🙂 I think I am going to do this for 30 days…still technically a month, at least day wise.
- Started my day off with a smile on my face, heard a DMB song on my way to work. I hadn’t heard Crash in awhile and I caught myself singing along, true sign I am in a pretty good mood!
- Hearing my boyfriend’s sexy morning voice right after DMB song finished! I love how deep and gravely his voice sounds right after he wakes up. Put an instant smile on my face!
- Having my boyfriend tie some random line from a movie into something I am telling him. I have laughed out loud several times today just thinking about Taladaga Nights and the Legend of Ricky Bobby! I was telling him some story about how one of the characters from one of the “reality” shows i watch is always thanking baby Jesus and I read a funny article about it online. He then he tells me about a scene from Taladaga Nights,
- “Ricky: Dear Tiny, Infant, Jesus…
- Carley: Hey, um, sweetie…Jesus did grow up. You don’t always have to call him baby. It’s a bit odd and off-puttin’ to pray to a baby.
- Ricky: Look, I like the Christmas Jesus best, and I’m sayin’ grace. When you say grace, you can say it to Grownup Jesus or Teenage Jesus or Bearded Jesus or whoever you want”
- I know it is goofy but it has made my day! Definitely something to be grateful for!
I am having to remind my self of the great saying “Don’t sweat the small stuff…and it is all small stuff.”
- I am so grateful for a boyfriend that gently reminds me when I am stressing out about work that “Your not curing cancer or saving anyone’s life. In the grand scheme of things it just isn’t that important.” Or the other thing he will ask me to put things in perspective, “will this matter in 10 years or have any giant bearing on your life in 10 years? If not, then it isn’t something you should lose sleep over.” These are all great words to live by and I know I need to be reminded of all of it! Thanks love for always being my rock!
- Getting a kitty cat snuggle after a long day. I was lying on the couch and my little man jumped up and wanted to be cuddled. I get so much more out of it then i think he does.
- The yumminess of frozen yogurt. A new frozen yogurt shop opened up several months ago and I had heard from several friends it was delicious. They were all right! Tasted so very good after a long hot day. I will definitely go back. It was definitely a nice treat to have while working late
Number 3 was a great reminder for me of not concentrating on the negative, working late, but take joy in the little things that make me happy or my day better!
Well I need to get better about posting on the weekend! The upside is I was out living and enjoying life!
Heck it was Friday and I think that is something to be grateful for 😉
- Enjoyed the last day of working 1/2 day on Friday. This was the last week of our Summer schedule 😦 Was a hectic day but so nice to get off early.
- No frantic phone calls from work, because many of them worked a full day Friday 🙂
- Getting to see one of my best friends and catch up with her a little. While I love meeting with all the ladies once a month it doesn’t seem to be enough time to catch up with everyone! It is always nice to get some time to talk with any of them one on one
- I was able to eat lunch with my dear boyfriend! It is always nice when we are able to find some alone time.
- Waking up to a cool house! The summer has been long and hot and was wonderful not to wake up sticky
- Being able to decompress after a long week. Sometimes it is so very nice to get away from everything and everyone and spend quite time with my boyfriend!
Sunday was a nice quite day, just what I need before the craziness that is Fall Rush at work!
- The smell of a freshly washed towel when you get out of the shower. It is a small pleasure I don’t enjoy enough
- Having my wonderful boyfriend rub lotion all over my feet and legs. Such an act of kindness that brings me such joy and relaxation!
- Spending a quite Sunday with my boyfriend listening to music and enjoying Sunday. Nowhere to rush off to and nothing huge pending to do.
So much to be thankful and grateful for today!
- A wonderful boyfriend that understands sometimes I need time with my girlfriends. I think he knows that my girlfriends keep me sane and sometimes I just need to have a good girls night.
- Seeing Michael Buble in concert! Wow it was an AMAZING concert. I would have to put it in the top 5 concerts I have ever seen. Such a powerful and smooth voice not to mention he is a true performer and had the ability to make you feel he is singing just for you.
- I am grateful for the ability to be moved by performances like his. I say this because the unfortunate girl that sat next too me just seemed miserable the entire concert. She was upset that her boyfriend did not get her floor tickets, and a long list of other items. She missed out on such a great experience because she choose to pout and act bratty all night.
When I looked around the concert there was such a wide variety of people at the concert, young and old and everyone seemed to be having the time of their life. A wonderful older woman (80’s) was standing dancing and enjoying the concert and time spent with what looked like her daughter and grand-daughter. Couldn’t help but think these are the times that make life truly great and worth while. I was getting text messages from many of my friends and relatives that were not sitting with me but were also lucky enough to attend such a great concert, and they all were telling me what a fantastic time they were having.
Enjoyed a great evening with roughly 8000 other people all whom seemed to have as much fun as I did. 🙂