This post will encompass the last 4 days of a crazy busy weekend!
- First and foremost I am so very grateful to a wonderful boyfriend who rarely complains about my crazy work schedule. I had been MIA for the last week because of work and not many men would be so understanding and supportive. He also is my biggest supporter when I have a hard week and lets me know how much I am loved.
- I am thankful for family that will look after my little four legged furball when I am working crazy hours and can’t get home to feed him. Knowing that he is being looked after and loved is a big relief. My little furball is like my kiddo to me and I feel bad when I know I am going to get home late and neglect him.
- I am not much of a drinker but sometimes I just crave an icy cold beer with lots of lime and salt. The one I had on Saturday hit the spot and tasted oh so very delicious!
I am having to remind my self of the great saying “Don’t sweat the small stuff…and it is all small stuff.”
- I am so grateful for a boyfriend that gently reminds me when I am stressing out about work that “Your not curing cancer or saving anyone’s life. In the grand scheme of things it just isn’t that important.” Or the other thing he will ask me to put things in perspective, “will this matter in 10 years or have any giant bearing on your life in 10 years? If not, then it isn’t something you should lose sleep over.” These are all great words to live by and I know I need to be reminded of all of it! Thanks love for always being my rock!
- Getting a kitty cat snuggle after a long day. I was lying on the couch and my little man jumped up and wanted to be cuddled. I get so much more out of it then i think he does.
- The yumminess of frozen yogurt. A new frozen yogurt shop opened up several months ago and I had heard from several friends it was delicious. They were all right! Tasted so very good after a long hot day. I will definitely go back. It was definitely a nice treat to have while working late
Number 3 was a great reminder for me of not concentrating on the negative, working late, but take joy in the little things that make me happy or my day better!
Friday was really busy at work and I got busy living and enjoying life this weekend and missed each day of posting. This will be one big post for each of the days.
- Getting off in the early afternoon because of summer hours.
- Spending time with my wonderful boyfriend because we both got out early. It is a great way to start off the weekend!
- Getting a shoulder massage from my boyfriend just cuz he thought I could use it.
- Going to the movies with my mom. We don’t do it often so it is always nice to get to spend a few hours with her.
- Cuddling with my cat. I always feel so loved when he puts his little face near mine and is purring up a storm.
- Sleeping in and not having the phone wake me up.
- Waking up to a nice cool house
- Having a boyfriend that is really creative and is helping me redo my resume. He had some great ideas I hadn’t thought of. Hopefully this will open the door for other opportunities in my life.
- Catching the last of Music Under the Stars. The band was Dave Matthews Tribute Band from Chattanooga, TN and they were AWESOME! The violinist sounded just like Boyd Tinsley. It brought back great memories of listening to DMB over the years! 🙂 The crowd was into the concert, but mellow, no drama at this concert. There was also a nice breeze that helped cool things off a little. It was a great way to end a weekend!
- Being able to wear my birks to work, they are dressy looking enough that no one has really said anything about me wearing them.
- Being the first one to the office and the peace and quite that comes with it.
- Hearing my boyfriends voice in the morning, best way to start out my day!