I know I skipped several days, um namely the weekend 🙂 I think I am going to do this for 30 days…still technically a month, at least day wise.
- Started my day off with a smile on my face, heard a DMB song on my way to work. I hadn’t heard Crash in awhile and I caught myself singing along, true sign I am in a pretty good mood!
- Hearing my boyfriend’s sexy morning voice right after DMB song finished! I love how deep and gravely his voice sounds right after he wakes up. Put an instant smile on my face!
- Having my boyfriend tie some random line from a movie into something I am telling him. I have laughed out loud several times today just thinking about Taladaga Nights and the Legend of Ricky Bobby! I was telling him some story about how one of the characters from one of the “reality” shows i watch is always thanking baby Jesus and I read a funny article about it online. He then he tells me about a scene from Taladaga Nights,
- “Ricky: Dear Tiny, Infant, Jesus…
- Carley: Hey, um, sweetie…Jesus did grow up. You don’t always have to call him baby. It’s a bit odd and off-puttin’ to pray to a baby.
- Ricky: Look, I like the Christmas Jesus best, and I’m sayin’ grace. When you say grace, you can say it to Grownup Jesus or Teenage Jesus or Bearded Jesus or whoever you want”
- I know it is goofy but it has made my day! Definitely something to be grateful for!
Well I need to get better about posting on the weekend! The upside is I was out living and enjoying life!
Heck it was Friday and I think that is something to be grateful for 😉
- Enjoyed the last day of working 1/2 day on Friday. This was the last week of our Summer schedule 😦 Was a hectic day but so nice to get off early.
- No frantic phone calls from work, because many of them worked a full day Friday 🙂
- Getting to see one of my best friends and catch up with her a little. While I love meeting with all the ladies once a month it doesn’t seem to be enough time to catch up with everyone! It is always nice to get some time to talk with any of them one on one
- I was able to eat lunch with my dear boyfriend! It is always nice when we are able to find some alone time.
- Waking up to a cool house! The summer has been long and hot and was wonderful not to wake up sticky
- Being able to decompress after a long week. Sometimes it is so very nice to get away from everything and everyone and spend quite time with my boyfriend!
Sunday was a nice quite day, just what I need before the craziness that is Fall Rush at work!
- The smell of a freshly washed towel when you get out of the shower. It is a small pleasure I don’t enjoy enough
- Having my wonderful boyfriend rub lotion all over my feet and legs. Such an act of kindness that brings me such joy and relaxation!
- Spending a quite Sunday with my boyfriend listening to music and enjoying Sunday. Nowhere to rush off to and nothing huge pending to do.
- He does have a sexy swagger
So much to be thankful and grateful for today!
- A wonderful boyfriend that understands sometimes I need time with my girlfriends. I think he knows that my girlfriends keep me sane and sometimes I just need to have a good girls night.
- Seeing Michael Buble in concert! Wow it was an AMAZING concert. I would have to put it in the top 5 concerts I have ever seen. Such a powerful and smooth voice not to mention he is a true performer and had the ability to make you feel he is singing just for you.
- I am grateful for the ability to be moved by performances like his. I say this because the unfortunate girl that sat next too me just seemed miserable the entire concert. She was upset that her boyfriend did not get her floor tickets, and a long list of other items. She missed out on such a great experience because she choose to pout and act bratty all night.
When I looked around the concert there was such a wide variety of people at the concert, young and old and everyone seemed to be having the time of their life. A wonderful older woman (80’s) was standing dancing and enjoying the concert and time spent with what looked like her daughter and grand-daughter. Couldn’t help but think these are the times that make life truly great and worth while. I was getting text messages from many of my friends and relatives that were not sitting with me but were also lucky enough to attend such a great concert, and they all were telling me what a fantastic time they were having.
Enjoyed a great evening with roughly 8000 other people all whom seemed to have as much fun as I did. 🙂
Friday was really busy at work and I got busy living and enjoying life this weekend and missed each day of posting. This will be one big post for each of the days.
- Getting off in the early afternoon because of summer hours.
- Spending time with my wonderful boyfriend because we both got out early. It is a great way to start off the weekend!
- Getting a shoulder massage from my boyfriend just cuz he thought I could use it.
- Going to the movies with my mom. We don’t do it often so it is always nice to get to spend a few hours with her.
- Cuddling with my cat. I always feel so loved when he puts his little face near mine and is purring up a storm.
- Sleeping in and not having the phone wake me up.
- Waking up to a nice cool house
- Having a boyfriend that is really creative and is helping me redo my resume. He had some great ideas I hadn’t thought of. Hopefully this will open the door for other opportunities in my life.
- Catching the last of Music Under the Stars. The band was Dave Matthews Tribute Band from Chattanooga, TN and they were AWESOME! The violinist sounded just like Boyd Tinsley. It brought back great memories of listening to DMB over the years! 🙂 The crowd was into the concert, but mellow, no drama at this concert. There was also a nice breeze that helped cool things off a little. It was a great way to end a weekend!
- Being able to wear my birks to work, they are dressy looking enough that no one has really said anything about me wearing them.
- Being the first one to the office and the peace and quite that comes with it.
- Hearing my boyfriends voice in the morning, best way to start out my day!