I know I am late in posting this, but it has been really crazy the last 5 days.
- I am thankful for a job that pays me fairly well for the city I live in. When I get frustrated with things that go on at work I try to remind myself that there are many people were I live that would rather have my work issues then issues trying to find a job. It is easier to be frustrated at work when you have a paycheck and your bills are paid.
- I am thankful that I was not responsible for every aspect of setup for this years kickoff to the football season celebration at work. Last year I worked 21 hours getting everything done in one day. What a difference a year makes.
- It is wonderful to climb into a comfy bed after a long day!
Love and laughter are always things to be grateful for. These are the things that make my days better.
- I am grateful for the love and support of a wonderful boyfriend. I have been feeling bad because the last two weeks I have been neglecting him due to work. He lets me know he misses me and is there to give me support in what has been a long couple of weeks.
- I had good belly laugh at lunch. Nothing like comfort food, thank you Monte Cristo, and a good laugh to make a day better. The laughter from yesterday’s “baby Jesus” continued today. Lunch ended with a yummy cupcake from one of my favorite bakeries!
- Best part of today will be getting off before 9pm!
Well I feel like a goober today, just realize I should be on Day 18. Such is life, sometimes you mess up.
- The total deliciousness of a chile relleno made with Hatch green chile. It is officially chile time and our area has a ton of Hatch green chile. The restaurant I went to was serving up chile rellenos made with Hatch green chile. There is nothing better than fresh chile! YUM!
- Co-workers that always can make me laugh. Sometimes if you don’t laugh you will just end up crying. I prefer to find the humor and laugh away! It is a crazy time of year here and laughter is definitely the best medicine.
- Having a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. What a great treat after lunch!
I guess lunch was the highlight of my day 🙂 Just realized two of my three things were food I ate at lunch. I guess it was comfort food to the rescue. I will say lunch was great not just because of the food…co-workers had me laughing all through lunch and it was a great stress relief.
Today was the start of fall rush and I was fully prepared for absolute chaos…
- I am thankful for keeping up on my side at work and this year was not as crazy as last year on the first day! YEAH
- It is so very true, good planning can reduce stress. I got to bed early, ate a good breakfast and was out of the house at the time I was shooting for. It was about 15 minutes earlier than I usually leave in the summer.
- I practiced a new strategy when you know it is going to be a stressful day. You should take a deep breath and remind yourself that you already new it would be stressful. I received two phone calls on the way to work and reminded myself that today would be crazy…it worked! I didn’t allow myself to get too worked up.
I was super happy at the end of the day. I actually got off before 7…was on the road by 5:30!
Been busy today, so this is gonna be a quickie post
- Having a boss that understand when I am running 5 to 10 minutes late in the morning
- A wonderful boyfriend that understands my crazy schedule and that some days I will go the entire day without talking to him.
- Getting sat quickly at G2. Love their food but it is usually really hard to get a table, but not today!
Today I am not finding 3 thing to be grateful hard…guess I should be thankful for that 😉
1. Having sarcastic friends on fb…Many made me laugh today on fb!
2. Having sushi for lunch. A little gem during the middle of a workday!
3. Going to Circle K and getting a 49 cent thirst buster. Having a diet coke with lime or orange is one of my small vices. I usually try and only have a soda at lunch and it feels indulgent to have one during the day at my desk! 🙂