Well I feel like a goober today, just realize I should be on Day 18. Such is life, sometimes you mess up.
- The total deliciousness of a chile relleno made with Hatch green chile. It is officially chile time and our area has a ton of Hatch green chile. The restaurant I went to was serving up chile rellenos made with Hatch green chile. There is nothing better than fresh chile! YUM!
- Co-workers that always can make me laugh. Sometimes if you don’t laugh you will just end up crying. I prefer to find the humor and laugh away! It is a crazy time of year here and laughter is definitely the best medicine.
- Having a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. What a great treat after lunch!
I guess lunch was the highlight of my day 🙂 Just realized two of my three things were food I ate at lunch. I guess it was comfort food to the rescue. I will say lunch was great not just because of the food…co-workers had me laughing all through lunch and it was a great stress relief.
Today was the start of fall rush and I was fully prepared for absolute chaos…
- I am thankful for keeping up on my side at work and this year was not as crazy as last year on the first day! YEAH
- It is so very true, good planning can reduce stress. I got to bed early, ate a good breakfast and was out of the house at the time I was shooting for. It was about 15 minutes earlier than I usually leave in the summer.
- I practiced a new strategy when you know it is going to be a stressful day. You should take a deep breath and remind yourself that you already new it would be stressful. I received two phone calls on the way to work and reminded myself that today would be crazy…it worked! I didn’t allow myself to get too worked up.
I was super happy at the end of the day. I actually got off before 7…was on the road by 5:30!
Well I need to get better about posting on the weekend! The upside is I was out living and enjoying life!
Heck it was Friday and I think that is something to be grateful for 😉
- Enjoyed the last day of working 1/2 day on Friday. This was the last week of our Summer schedule 😦 Was a hectic day but so nice to get off early.
- No frantic phone calls from work, because many of them worked a full day Friday 🙂
- Getting to see one of my best friends and catch up with her a little. While I love meeting with all the ladies once a month it doesn’t seem to be enough time to catch up with everyone! It is always nice to get some time to talk with any of them one on one
- I was able to eat lunch with my dear boyfriend! It is always nice when we are able to find some alone time.
- Waking up to a cool house! The summer has been long and hot and was wonderful not to wake up sticky
- Being able to decompress after a long week. Sometimes it is so very nice to get away from everything and everyone and spend quite time with my boyfriend!
Sunday was a nice quite day, just what I need before the craziness that is Fall Rush at work!
- The smell of a freshly washed towel when you get out of the shower. It is a small pleasure I don’t enjoy enough
- Having my wonderful boyfriend rub lotion all over my feet and legs. Such an act of kindness that brings me such joy and relaxation!
- Spending a quite Sunday with my boyfriend listening to music and enjoying Sunday. Nowhere to rush off to and nothing huge pending to do.
- He does have a sexy swagger
So much to be thankful and grateful for today!
- A wonderful boyfriend that understands sometimes I need time with my girlfriends. I think he knows that my girlfriends keep me sane and sometimes I just need to have a good girls night.
- Seeing Michael Buble in concert! Wow it was an AMAZING concert. I would have to put it in the top 5 concerts I have ever seen. Such a powerful and smooth voice not to mention he is a true performer and had the ability to make you feel he is singing just for you.
- I am grateful for the ability to be moved by performances like his. I say this because the unfortunate girl that sat next too me just seemed miserable the entire concert. She was upset that her boyfriend did not get her floor tickets, and a long list of other items. She missed out on such a great experience because she choose to pout and act bratty all night.
When I looked around the concert there was such a wide variety of people at the concert, young and old and everyone seemed to be having the time of their life. A wonderful older woman (80’s) was standing dancing and enjoying the concert and time spent with what looked like her daughter and grand-daughter. Couldn’t help but think these are the times that make life truly great and worth while. I was getting text messages from many of my friends and relatives that were not sitting with me but were also lucky enough to attend such a great concert, and they all were telling me what a fantastic time they were having.
Enjoyed a great evening with roughly 8000 other people all whom seemed to have as much fun as I did. 🙂
Friday was really busy at work and I got busy living and enjoying life this weekend and missed each day of posting. This will be one big post for each of the days.
- Getting off in the early afternoon because of summer hours.
- Spending time with my wonderful boyfriend because we both got out early. It is a great way to start off the weekend!
- Getting a shoulder massage from my boyfriend just cuz he thought I could use it.
- Going to the movies with my mom. We don’t do it often so it is always nice to get to spend a few hours with her.
- Cuddling with my cat. I always feel so loved when he puts his little face near mine and is purring up a storm.
- Sleeping in and not having the phone wake me up.
- Waking up to a nice cool house
- Having a boyfriend that is really creative and is helping me redo my resume. He had some great ideas I hadn’t thought of. Hopefully this will open the door for other opportunities in my life.
- Catching the last of Music Under the Stars. The band was Dave Matthews Tribute Band from Chattanooga, TN and they were AWESOME! The violinist sounded just like Boyd Tinsley. It brought back great memories of listening to DMB over the years! 🙂 The crowd was into the concert, but mellow, no drama at this concert. There was also a nice breeze that helped cool things off a little. It was a great way to end a weekend!
- Being able to wear my birks to work, they are dressy looking enough that no one has really said anything about me wearing them.
- Being the first one to the office and the peace and quite that comes with it.
- Hearing my boyfriends voice in the morning, best way to start out my day!